looking to sell your pink diamonds?
Our quick steps will ensure a smooth experience. See how it works below.
FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY PRE-TENDER ESTIMATE PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM
This is a current estimate of the realisable value on the global secondary market.
You can ask a jeweller to sell your pink diamond on your behalf. They generally do not buy back diamonds rather, they prefer to take your diamond on consignment. You need to confirm that your property is covered by insurance whilst it is their care and custody. This process can take months or even years. It is not transparent as generally you are not able to determine the fee charged by the jeweller or the price they have sold the item for.
Auctioneers charge the seller a commission generally between 12 – 20%. Further, auctioneers charge the buyer a commission called a buyer’s premium. The buyer’s premium is is generally around 25% plus indirect taxes. This can compound a total of fees of more than 50%. Whist auctions are relatively transparent fancy-coloured diamonds are highly specialised and no auction house specialises in pink diamonds.
A yourdiamonds.comTM Public Tender specialises in pink diamonds and is backed by a team of coloured diamond specialists. The seller’s commission is 10% and the buyer’s premium is 10% totalling 20%, around 60% less expensive than the fees charged by auctioneers. The Tender diamonds appear in the Tender catalogue with videos and high resolution still images enabling prospective buyers to bid remotely.
Many pink diamonds from the Argyle mine do not have or are missing their original Argyle certificates. In this instance we will arrange a certificate of origin from the DELTA Diamond Laboratory in Perth, Australia to confirm that your diamond originated at the Argyle mine.
We collect from our sellers without charge.
Our Public Tender provides a highly cost-effective sales method that is transparent, customer focussed, fast and secure promoted by a global marketing campaign in the hundreds of thousands of dollars driven by our social media specialists in London, Sydney and Hong Kong.
The proceeds from the sale of your property are processed through a client trust account.
It is possible that your property may not sell. Around 70% of the lots in a Tender sell. Prices achieved are generally within the pre-Tender estimate. If your diamond does not sell, we can return it to your door or we can continue to try sell it by private treaty between Tenders. There are no hidden fees for items not sold.
Apart from the above there are no risks.
No one knows the answer to this question. Fancy pinks have increased in value over the life of the Argyle mine (1983 – 2020). The mine closed in November 2020. It is more likely that the re-sale prices of pinks will increase rather than decrease. However, there are no guarantees just like with any valuable investment grade collectable item like art, collector’s cars, wine, coins and stamps etc.
This is an age-old question. The insurance value of any item is the estimated cost of immediate replacement of that item in the event of its loss or damage. This is the cost of the item in a retail shop so you can replace your lost goods in a fast and convenient way. The retailer has costs including, interest on capital, rent, staff, marketing and insurance. The retailer must charge a markup to cover these costs and make a profit. The retail price in a shop is generally around double or even triple the price at auction. However, due to the low fees charged at a yourdiamonds.com Tender the realisable price achieved can be more like half to two thirds the current retail price, far better than the alternative selling methods and thus returning more cash to the seller.
The Argyle Diamond Mine provides the terminology used by the mine to colour grade pink diamonds produced by it.